Here at Nurish we have a love affair with pumpkin. We’d consider ourselves a bit#pumpkinobsessed. In fact we believe there is no wrong time of year to indulge in this filling and nutritious fruit. It simultaneously satisfies cravings without derailing your healthy eating plan.
We decided to add our ‘nurishing’ Line of Defense product in the healthy recipe. Now you get delicious and healthy pumpkin muffins with powerful immune boosting benefits. It’s a truly delicious win win!
Immune Boosting Pumpkin Muffins
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or as much as you like – I like a lot)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans and/or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Chia seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (we feel you can never go overboard with this delicious spice)
- 1 scoop of Beta Glucan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tins with coconut oil.
2. Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, Beta Glucan, pumpkin spice and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Add the eggs, pumpkin, chia seeds, coconut oil, vanilla extract and coconut nectar. Stir it up!
4. Spoon into 10 muffin cups and sprinkle the chopped pecans and/or pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie spice on top.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
What is Beta Glucan + How Does it Boost Your Immune System?
Line of Defense works by using beta glucan to attach to certain immune system receptors. Once attached, the beta glucan activates or enhances their readiness to fight off foreign invaders to the body such as cancerous cells. It really is that simple.