The great debate of cooking oils has been argued about extensively for years. Most camps are firm footed in the claim to fame of their particular oil of choice. But what is the easiest to cook with? Which one has the most health benefits? How are you to choose?
I’ve personally played around with many oils in differing cooking techniques. But it wasn’t until I visited ChopShop that I realized they have caught onto something that I never even considered. They cook with a 50/50 Rice oil and Olive oil mix. What are the reasons for this progressive choice? Let’s dive in.
- It’s Hypoallergenic Capabilities: Some individuals have intolerances to cooking oils, leading to stomach issues and a host of other uncomfortable symptoms. You don’t have to worry about that with Rice Oil as it is an excellent and safe alternative.
- Antioxidants Through The Roof: Rice bran oil has more antioxidants than any other cooking oil. They belong to the Vitamin E family and are so powerful they can prevent some forms of cancer as well as heart disease.
- Weight Loss Benefits: Because Rice oil contains Gamma Oryzanol, it convinces our cells to burn up the sugar in our blood and reduce the absorption of cholesterol from the foods we eat. This means a decrease in appetite and a longer lasting full feeling.
- Foods Absorb Less Oil: It’s always important to pay attention to the amount of oil you use in cooking. Although the health benefits are vast, soaking your food in it can negate the nutritional effects. But foods cooked with Rice Oil absorb up to 20% less oil, meaning reduced calories, lighter tasting food, and greater economical standing.
- High Smoke Point: Because the oil has an extremely high burning point it makes it a perfect vessel for deep frying, or stir frying. It works as a healthier replacement for other lesser quality hydrogenated oils containing dreaded trans fats.
- Effective Disease Fighter: A component in EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) called Oleocanthal releases enzymes that kill cancer cells leaving healthy cells unharmed. It has also been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and arthritis.
- Prevents Against Obesity: A recent study in Europe showed those eating a Mediterranean diet (in which EVOO is the cornerstone to the culture) were less likely to be overweight. This is because a diet rich in olive oil, soluble fiber from fruit, veggies, and grains helps improve blood sugar control.
- Best Option for Oil Pulling: Swishing olive oil in your mouth for 5-20 minutes has amazing health benefits ranging from whiter teeth, to increased energy, and healthier skin. This oil pulling craze has swept the nation, giving an easy natural way to detox the body and minimize oxidative stress.
- Lowers Inflammation: One of the mechanisms behind the beauty of 0live oil is it’s anti-inflammatory nature. This is due to its antioxidants (primarily Oleocanthal) which has been proven to work like ibuprofen. In fact it is estimated that 3.4 Tablespoons of EVOO has a similar effect to 10% of the adult ibuprofen dosage for pain relief.
- Increased Sex Life: Olive oil is a secret sexual elixir that has been used for years. When cholesterol is metabolized it produces testosterone and estrogen which increases your sex drive. It also is great for circulation, acting as an aphrodisiac for both men and women.
To purchase your virgin coconut oil click HERE