Water makes up 55-75% of your total body weight and is used by all cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because it is so vital to the body it is crucial to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
But in case you need more convincing we’ve decided to take a deep dive (pun intended) into the the world of H20 and how drinking it more often will change your life.
WHY You Should Be Drinking Water
- Your Skin Will Shine: Your skin holds a large amount of water and works to protect against fluid loss. By upping your ingestion of the miracle liquid, your skin will lock in more moisture, creating a youthful more radiant appearance.
- You Can Lose Weight: Notice we stated “can” not “will”. Drinking water will not make you autodrop 10 pounds, but it will help you feel full, thus lowering the amount of excess items you eat. Many times when you overindulge in snacks, your body is truly craving water, by sipping liquids first, you can re-assess if those are hunger pains, or thirst.
- Your Muscles Will Be Energized: When cells don’t receive enough fluids and electrolytes, they begin to shrivel, thus causing muscle fatigue and joint pain. This is especially important to note when your working out, as you lose a good amount of water through sweat.
- You’ll become a digestive champion: If you are like the majority of the world your organs are backed up beyond belief. Your tummy is most likely bloated from time to time due to processed, meat, and/or dairy heavy diets. Water assists the processing of this matter and cleans out your system while rehydrating you in the process.
- Fight Illness: Not only will you bounce back quicker when sick, but your less likely to get sick. This is because chugging that glorious H2O flushes out toxins, thus increases your immunity
- It’s For Free: All those Starbucks coffees, Jamba Juice Smoothies, and Mcdonald’s Diet Coke’s add up in the finance department. You’d be astounded by the amount you spend in a month on liquid. Cut that cost significantly by drinking water instead of your fancy high-priced less healthy alternatives.
We recommend always having a glass of water in your hand or sitting next to you. When your at work, when your driving, when you cooking, cleaning, sleeping. If you have it near you, your more likely to drink.
The best times to drink water to maximize it’s effectiveness:
- First thing in the morning: activates your organs
- Half hour before a meal: helps digestion
- Before taking a bath or shower: helps lower blood pressure
- When your tired: reaches your brain and activates it for stimulation
- Before going to beed: keeps you hydrated and prevent illness
So drink it often, drink high quantities, and learn to enjoy. Because come hell or high water, drinking clean, pure, natural H2O is the easiest way to do your body good.
Inject Flavor + Nutrients Into Your Water
There is nothing wrong with spicing up your water affair. We’ve heard from many individuals who say they just can’t seem to get into drinking water because they find it so bland and their taste buds are used to intense flavors from coffee’s, pops, and energy drinks. But instead of reaching for pre-packaged sugar filled juices, try infusing your H20 with fruit and nutrients from our powdered superfoods mix.
Make your own natural vitamin water by mixing a pitcher of water (around 10 cups) with the following ingredients, leave in the fridge overnight before enjoying:
- 1 cucumber, 1 lemon thinly sliced, 1/4 cup of chopped basil leaves
- 1 cup pineapple cut into cubes, 12 fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1 cut up apple, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 strawberries thinly sliced, 12 chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp cut ginger, 2 cups of tea
- 1 cup of watermelon cut into cubes, 2 rosemary stems
Pump the flavor up even further by adding 8-10 scoops of our 37 Superfoods+. Each 8 ounce glass will give you 25+ servings of fruits and vegetables.
Healthy never tasted so good!